Chirg is one of the founding members of the band. He is the rythmn guitar player for the band.
1) When were you happiest?
When I was at university, generally. Went to some wicked parties and met some great people I still try to stay in contact with whenever possible.
2) What is your greatest fear?
3) What is your earliest memory?
Having a hernia and having to go to hospital. Pretty dry really.
4) Which living person do you most admire, and why?
Can I have two? Alain Robert – he’s a free urban solo climber. Nutcase. Also Daniel Tammet, an autistic savant. That sort of thing blows my mind.
5) What is the trait that you hate in yourself?
6) What is the trait that you hate in others?
Well Jon said racism and wanton stupidity, which I would classify as the same thing. I guess ignorance annoys me most.
7) Apart from property and cars, what’s the most expensive thing you ever bought?
Again a holiday. I’ve just forked out to go to Iceland next year, that’s not going to be cheap.
8) What is your most treasured possession?
Probably my guitars. I also have a coffee cup with my name on it that I’ve somehow not managed to break in 25 years. I’d be gutted if I ever lost that.
9) What would you super-power be?
Telekenesis. I’d be able to do everything from the comfort of my own armchair.
10) What makes you unhappy?
My alarm clock.
11) What do you most dislike about your appearance?
I wish my hair wouldn’t grow. I hate shaving and having my hair cut.
12) What is your favourite word?
13) What is your most unappealing habit?
I permanently fidget. I’m constantly drumming, or twitching my knee, or flicking my fingers, or something.
14) If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would it be?
The Pteradactyl. Most birds are shit.
15) Is it better to give or receive?
It’s nice to give stuff to people. But it opens aup a mindfield – did they want it? Do they feel guilty because they received something and can’t give anything? I’m sure some people would rather receive stuff though. If I were stuck in a famine I’d be pretty pleased to receive a burger or something.
16) What does love feel like?
Your favourite song.
17) Which words or phrases do you overuse?
Isn’t this the same as 12? You could probably add “I suppose you had to be there” as a phrase.
18) What is the worst job you’ve ever done?
Teaching in a shit school. I’ve got my life back now.
19) If you could go back in time, where would you go?
I suppose I’d go back to the 60’s ‘cos that’s when everyone was really free. Well, ish. Any earlier and you had wars, or poor health, and you wouldn’t be able to communicate with anybody; it’d be like being stuck in a Midsummer Night’s Dream.
20) How do you relax?
Catch up with said mates and have the occasional blow out. More regularly, put some tunes on, or play guitar, ride my motorbike or surf the web, ya da ya da.
21) What single thing would improve your quality of life?
The Euromillions jackpot, obviously.
22) What do you think of as your greatest achievement?
As Jon said – not being dead yet.
23) How would you like to be remembered?
To be remembered would be a start…